Today I just want to list some things you could do to help.
- You could sign a petition to the DOJ asking them to continue their investigation into the shooting death of Michael Brown.
- You could sign a petition asking the DOJ to ban racial profiling by police.
- You could donate to the Ferguson Public Library, which is open today for Ferguson's children when Ferguson's schools are closed.
- You could donate to a Ferguson-area classroom project.
- You could donate to the Legal Support Fund for Justice for Mike Brown, which provides Know Your Rights trainings, staffs a 24-hour legal support hotline, tracks arrestees so they don't get lost in the system, fundraises for legal support costs, bonds people out of jail, connects defendants with pro bono attorneys, coordinates with attorneys, organizes volunteers & supports people who go to trial.
And you can listen. There are a lot of angry, grieving, hurt, heartsick people speaking right now, who for all our sakes must be heard.